Partially in response to Matt and Mimi's post about how many nicknames Matt has for Joshua, and partially because I've been meaning to post about how adorable and funny my little Camster is.
1. Cam
2. Cammi
3. Camby (Cadence came up with this one and uses it frequently)
4. Cam Cam (as in "Bam Bam" from Flinstones or "Pam Pam" from Office)
5. Cambo
6. Camboni
7. Campblo (I actually think this is what Cadence thought was her real name at first)
8. The Great Campbino
9. Porkchop (sorta messes up my flow here, but one of Spencer's top choices) var.: Poikchop (Cadence's version)
10. Campbell-oni
11. Cambone
12. Cam 'n Cheese (this debatably counts as two because Trevor* points out that it can refer to either "ham and cheese" or "Mac and cheese" with the mac backwords).
13. Campbellina (like "Thumbelina", a movie we watch often)
14. Camtastic
15. Campbell Ca-Bampbell
16. Campbell-bo-bampbell
17. Campbulence
18. Camcorder
19. Cammers
20. Bean-Machine (apparently this is from the root-word Campbino, "and she is shaped like a bean" Trevor adds)
The Great Campbino is a funnier baby than your average cutie-patootie. Not only is her head large and bald, her thighs laughably rolly-polly, and her face often serious and soul-searching. She has a sense of humor, too. It just took a while to develop and what it developed into was something....special.
Ye olde Bean Machine laughed for the first time at six months of age. From three to six months I humiliated myself in as many ways as I could think of to try to get this girl to laugh. She laughed once and then I spend two more months of humiliation. And then she laughed again at 8 months. Once.
Since the most recent recognizable laugh she's been doing this thing. Well, we finally realized she IS laughing. She opens up and lets out a loud throat-cough kind of a sound. I know I need to just record it and put it up here. I know she can laugh for real, but she prefers this throaty sound for now. It sounds more like she is choking. It's so funny.
Also, if she is pinned down, for instance, in a high chair or the changing table, and she sees Cadence, she has what I call a "happy seizure". Her body spasms and her head starts shaking from side to side really fast and she smiles really big. It always makes me worried and makes me laugh at the same time. It's pretty intense.
And then, of course, let's not underestimate how adorable her nakey little body is. If I have to keep getting up every night to feed her to maintain her squishable bod, I'll do it.
And by way of update/babybooking, Cammi J has started crawling right at about 8 months and she is all over the place now (almost 9 months). She pulls herself up on everything and she can stand on her own for a few seconds. Today at the tot lot she crawled through the play tunnel (like a tent tunnel) with absolutely no fear. I was proud. She says, "bah bah bah" and "doh doh doh" all day long. She is very attentive and will entertain herself forever as long as I am sitting right there with her. If I expect her to entertain herself while I change Cadence's clothes or make lunch....forget it. She's so funny and so much her own little person.
*For those of you who don't know, Trevor is Spencer's brother who has been living with us for the past couple of months, and who will live with us until June, when we are moving to Texas for an internship. Trevor is in the process of redirecting his life (was about to go to Grad school to study Psych and decided that wasn't what he wanted), and so for that time we get to have him around. He is oh-so-helpful and the kids love him. I call him my "Manny".
7 comments:
Only two laughs? Nah, that can't be. I'll bet she's been laughing behind your back for months. Probably at night while you sleep, she thinks of all the silly antics you pull trying to get her to laugh, and she yucks it up. She looks a little mischievous to me. Oh, and super cute, of course.
p.s. You don't know how it puts my mind at ease to hear that other parents give their children hundreds of nicknames. I sometimes wonder if my children even KNOW what their "real" names are. I have a nickname fetish.
Shut up! I call my little brother my Manny! He said I had to, because Nanny is too womanly.. lol FUNNY!
She has as many nicknames as my kids ;)
I'm not going to lie to you, I had already decided that I was going to call her Cam-bone, regardless of whether or not that was acceptable.
I'm quite relieved that I know its legit now.
She is so cute I love that round head.
I love that you have a Manny :) And I love Campbell. And Cadence. And most especially, I love you. Best Mom. Ever.
I LOVE having another adult around. It just makes things easier. Children should come with three parents.
i do believe that is the very first picture of cam cambelina i have ever seen smiling! yes your late nights are definitely paying of in cute chubbiness. And that Cadence is going to be the smartest one in the house by her 8th birthday. holy cow! AND i'm still commenting (it was a long post, not my fault),,but I still remember when Trevor was over to help you guys unpack into your new place and had the Christus statue inside a birdcage and well just a whole wall of craziness. I was confused and bewildered at who would spend so much effort on such craziness. And you said "oh you have no idea when it comes to Trevor." Do you remember that? It was really funny. It was in the apartment that had french doors to the deck and was in the basement of a house? Well anyway, super funny.
amie
Post a Comment