Monday, November 17, 2008

Golden Globes (for April), Photo Shoot and Merry Christmas


Saturday night Spencer and I attended the "Golden Globes Awards Night" that his school (recently renamed the Chicago Booth School of Business, previously Chicago Graduate School of Business) put on for short movies made by the students. Cadence starred in the one that Spencer participated in, so we were pretty excited to be there.
The theme of the night was (and this is the clincher...) "movies". So Spencer and I took advantage of our recent good fortune of coming into possession of "Bollywood"-worthy tunic and saree and went dressed for the Bollywood crowd.

Several of the students that had come from India asked me who tied it for me and were very impressed with how well I had done. I followed an instructional video on youtube. It was really fun to have a place to wear our gettup.

Not only did we look smashing, but Spencer's group (the Phoenix cohort) won the Golden Gargoyle for "Best use of kids". That would be our little shining star (and a few others, but we claimed the actual trophy- hahahhah.)

It was a really fun night out. Thanks to my in-laws for providing the formal wear, to Catherine for providing the childcare, and to Cadence for providing the entertainment there.


And in other news, my friend Eryn took some really cute pictures of my girls last week. Here are some of the faves:


Also, we got a little excited when we realized a few days ago that Cadence is finally old enough to get excited by Christmas:
We got this tree in the "for free" pile that exists in our community laundry room. It came with ornaments and lights--what a deal!

She's been talking about "Jesus's birthday party" nonstop.

Oh, and last night she informed us that she can play the violin:
A reusable/disposable Stradivarius with "Big Girl Fork/Bow".

7 comments:

Robyn said...

I don't have many friends who can so capably rock a saari. Bravo.

Eryn's pictures are adorable and that...violin...is...so...cool. Honestly, that girl is amazing.

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Awesomeness all around!
I'm glad you got to dress-up twice within a month. You guys looked great!
Such cute pictures of the girls... love the matching dresses.
And, Cadence always seems to impress me with her imagination and cuteness.
I'm glad you recognized the party shirt I wore to the concert... I thought of you when I put it on.

chickadee3357 said...

Oh my! This should have been like 5 posts, not one. Love the smashing outfits for the party. You guys looking amazing! Adorable matching dresses on the girls and the pig tails! Cadence has pig tails!! Violin...pretending is so awesome.

Amie Orton said...

you guys are hilarious, I want to see the movie. Laughing hard makes it difficult to type. I can't wait to hang out. this was devin by the way.

Ames said...

Cute pictures of beautiful girls!
I wish I could play the violin! Talent runs in that girls veins.

Heather O. said...

Cadence has pigtails!

Unknown said...

Campbell definately looks like an Orton, I think. Very cute. Eryn did a really good job. Is she professional? I like the pigtails on Cadence. Very cute.