Wednesday, August 25, 2010

I've got a thing for my hair stylist...

Isn't he a hunk?
I was thrilled when, not knowing I was taking the picture, Spencer provided me with this caption for the pic:
"So Mard, if the Jonas Brothers walked past you, like in a mall or something, would you recognize them?"
OMJ!! (Oh My Jonas--look it up on urban dictionary.  It's there.)

A few things you may or may not know about me:  I've got a hair thing.  I really really need my hair to be a fun color, a cute style, and I can't stand to get the same hair cut twice in a row. Or the thought of that, anyway, since I don't know that I've ever actually done it.  Ironically, i also wear a ponytail approx. 90% of the time.
I used to change my hair color about every two to three months, although I pretty much always had some red in it.
Spencer has been my colorist for 5 years.  He has supported me in my hair-scapades (except that one time it was like PUUUURPLE),  and he is even the one that picked the color that I loved so much that I actually stuck with it (Intense Red Copper).
But letting him cut my hair was a first. 
Here's the finished product:

Not bad, right?  He did my bangs, too.  If you are thinking he messed up because they are uneven and jaggedy, that is exactly how I wanted them (seriously).

9 comments:

The United Statements of Merica said...

man i could really use a spencer right now.. i'm in the mullet phase.
your hair looks great and i can't believe you let your husband cut your hair. he does have the look though.. he just needs a little more metro outfit and a triangle of facial hair on his chin.

Nortorious said...

Wow! He did that cut? It's gorgeous on you and bangs are totally hard to execute! Dx has done my color for years, he's annoyingly thorough and takes forever. But you gotta love the man who supports the hair projects.
Have you seen Chris rock's 'Good Hair"? You'd both love it.

Robyn said...

Well, it looks like your colorist is dabbling in cuts! It looks great. Your hair is always totally cute. I still remember telling you how I thought you were lucky to have such a great color of red hair...I guess it's not luck when you pick it out, huh? It looks awesome. Tell Spencer he may have a back up career.

Also, are you really coming to Chicago soon? (Please...)

E B said...

Awesome! I gotta train mine to do that!

Andrea said...

I have only had my hair colored once (well, five times if you count trying to fix it), and that was enough to cure me. I am too scared to try anything. Then again, my hair is curly. Which gives me an excuse to have ugly hair, cause what on earth can I do with it? I am jealous of your many 'do's. In the next life I want hair that reflects my personal style (which, you wouldn't know to look at me because my drab hair holds me back, is funky modern).

Amy and Mark said...

I remember when you two first got married and you'd come to my parents' house with your newly-dyed hair and brag about your hunk-of-a-man doing it. I'm so glad to see that even though he has a "real" job now and you're homeowners and all that you keep that up ;) Looks amazing!

Elisabeth (and Tyler) said...

Holy cow.. Is there ANYTHING that guy can't do?? You look smoking hot. Although, he could probably shave you bald and get the same result. Don't let it get to his head.

Kali said...

astonished... er impressed like to the maximum. And I thought my husband had mad skills! You have got me thinking all kinds of crazy thoughts... how did you teach him these things??? I will be casually bringing up this topic when ry gets home. :) PS life is just too short for one hair color. I am obsessed between switching up the blonde and brunette.

Ames said...

You are Beautiful Mard!