Cadence as Tinkerbell: And I'll have you know I made this costume entirely by hand. Yes, the wings are hangers. They were actually pretty cute. The pink top is because it was the only turtle neck she has and she refused to wear the costume with a regular top (the ribbon irritated her).Spencer and Mardee as Paulie Bleeker and Juno: Slightly inappropriate? Yeah, I know. But I thought we pulled it off pretty well. I'm just greatful that it was so dang cold so that Spencer was forced to wear something under those short shorts. And yes, I carried the huge thing of Sunny D around the whole time.
The whole fam:This is Spencer holding up the family pumpkin for the Pumpkin Carving Contest at the ward party. Cadence designed the face and he carved it, staying very true to the blue-print. In spite of how very ornate the other pumpkins in the contest were (a VERY well-done Thomas S Monson, a big pumpkin eating another pumpkin, etc), Cadence's took second place in the dual-round cheer-off.
More of the pumpkin. One eye is actually a side-ways heart, which Cadence was really proud of herself for having drawn. Not bad, right?
We had a really full and fun day that started with the "Tot Lot" Halloween Party, which I was in charge of, along with Mimi (thank goodness for her), and then after naptime we had trick-or-treating inside our building, and then we had to get to the parking lot for the trunk-or-treat at the church. Cadence and Campbell both had about a million grams of sugar that day, and so between that and Daylight Savings (i hate you daylight savings), we've had a crazy crazy week so far :)
On the way home from the church that night, Cadence exhibited some interesting behavior. The whole way from the parking lot to the apartment, and then for about 20 more minutes, she was just blurting out random phrases and words and stringing them together with a great deal of tonal changes. She was also doing this weird skip-walk that was quick and sporatic.... hmm, reminds me of when we fed her Jello on her first birthday and she started giggling and moving around in jerking, sporatic movements, puncuated with a happy scream here and there... Anyone know anything about clinical hyperactivity?
12 comments:
I love your costumes! Paulie Bleeker and Juno is awesome. If I'm ever pregnant on Halloween I'm going to totally steal the idea.
You NEVER cease to impress.. I loooooove Juno, and you're perfect Sunny D and all! I was wondering how Spencer was going to top off last year (loved the creeper hot dog vendor).. well done. Please bless I'm pregnant one of these Halloweens, I'd love the challenge. That unicorn costume is classic :)
I have a secret wish, and it is to dress up for Halloween. I may act like I think it's goofy, but I really envy people who can get their husbands to dress up, because who am I kidding, I'd never dress up by myself. Which is why for the past ten years I have been planning an adults-only H party. If I ever actually throw it, it will be fabulous! Just wait and see.
Really love your costume you guys are awesome.
And an awesome Tot Lot party it was! Your name was mentioned in my Halloween post...
When we saw you and Spencer show up to the WC Hween party in your matching Unicorn costumes, I knew then that we were meant to be friends.
Great costumes again this year. You always nail the originality mark.
Side question, is ballet in Cadence's future or has she started? Her hyper-extended legs are the biggest asset a dancer can have. She has chubby little dancer legs and I've seen her moves. I see her as a SYTYCD contestant some day.
Do you like how we communicate via blog comments and not real life? It's rad.
Ok, points for the costumes! cute cute cute! I'm glad you had so much fun. Your day sounded a lot more fun that mine (four soccer games). sure miss you guys
My heart goes out to parents who have to learn to manage hyperactivity! I think you have to be a masterful disciplinarian and it must take a remarkable amount of patience and energy!
I loved your costumes! You looked great.
hahaha!hahahahahaahahahahhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaa.
HA.
AWESOME costumes!! Made me laugh. And awesome work on Cadence's costume! I'm just so gosh darn proud of you, crafty thang you!. :)
Once again, you all looked awesome! I'm so glad you were able to finish Cadence's costume without stressing yourself to death. You've had a lot on your plate lately and I'm just amazed that you have managed it all.
And just so everyone knows, it was DANG cold that night at the trunk-or-treat and Mardee WAS carrying around that heavy, freezing container of Sunny D the whole time. That's Halloween dedication right there!
The last picture, with Cadence holding up the peace signs
Her facial expression is amazing
Post a Comment