DEMOLITION DERBY:
This week our family went to the demolition derby. The demolition derby is when old cars are fixed up and basically edited so that they are made for crashing into things, and then people drive the cars around and try to demolish or ruin each other, though they are really loud and don't smell great I still love it. The derby ended really late, about 10:45, so my parents and siblings went home early and I got to stay for the rest of it and the Flemings took me home after, we were there with the Flemings and the Thompsons. So at the finals, there were 6 cars going against each other, numbers, 13,418,14,11, and I think the other ones were 31 and 48.
SOCCER:
On Saturday, my team won 4 to 0. On Thursday the other team, United, won 2-1, but only because I was the goalie and I got the ball about an inch away from the lie but the ref counted it as a goal, and my friend/teammate Katie kicked the ball into the goal and the goalie got it but after is had past the line. So our team should have one if the ref was actually watching!
BIG DECISION:
This week I had the chance to try out all the instruments in band and orchestra. The people running the stands for their instrument would rate you on weather Y, yes you should definitely play this instrument, M for maybe, and N for no you should try something else. I tried out the Flute, precussion set, which is like the cowbell, drums, xylophone, etc., saxophone, trumpet, clarinet, cello, bass, viola and the violin, and I got a Y in all of them except for trumpet, I got an M. I decided that I don't want to be in choir, or general music a long time ago but now it was either band or orchestra, and as soon as I sat down and started playing the cello, I decided, I'm going to be in orchestra and play the cello, so now I signed up for cello and I'm in the orchestra.
No comments:
Post a Comment