You know how you think you'll never forget some of the funny things they say... but then by the time your husband gets home from work you've forgotten? These may not be as funny to you, so deal with it :)
1. "Apparently". Another vocab word she has adopted. One day she used it in almost every sentence. "Uh, Mom, apparently I want a drink." or on the "phone": "Uh, hello, is this the apparently mail carrier .... blah blah".
2. She spends a lot of time pretending to be on the phone and when she is on the phone her conversations reveal so much about what I must sound like to her. It goes something like this: "Uh, hello, Robyn? (or Mamaw, or Audrey's Mom) Uh, hi. Yeah, I uh...you know...it's like the richenshtacken parablonen when I go der with my car cause...uh, yeeeaaah......well, I don't know but--oh! I gotta go!" I especially love it when she stops and listens for a minute and then says, "Oh my gosh--that's bad! That is hilarious! hahaha...." That's usually when she is "talking" to Robyn. But yeah, she totally makes words up and her sentences are constructed in the most random manner you could imagine. I can't even get myself to make up sentences as random as hers are.
One day a couple of weeks ago she brought this to me. It's Cadence and Campbell, she said. This was the first time I had seen an attempt at human forms and I was REALLY impressed! I mean, it has been squiggles before this.
3. "But mom, I'm in charge." She loves to say that. Sometimes she'll say it about the books, or lunch, or anything small. She just has a need to be in charge of something. And believe you me, when she thinks she's in charge--move outta the way.
4. "Varely" and "Furger". Varely is her way of saying barely. Whenever she is upset she says, "But m0-0-0-0m, I just VARELY wanted that toy and you took it away!!!" She says it as if it means "really really really really". "Furger" is to say figure. "Mom, I'm just trying to furger out a way to get to the playground."
5. Today I gave her a very firm lecture on not using the strangle-hold to lift her sister from the ground and her response was, "okay mom, I won't ever do that again-never, probably, sometimes." And then a sure nod of her head to seal the deal.
7. She's a pretty good little swimmer. She has absolutely no problem putting her head under water, even without goggles sometimes. As long as she is wearing some sort of floaties or swimvest she can pretty much do whatever she wants and go wherever she wants. We go swimming usually about 3 times a week here in TX.
Well, speaking of, she's up from her nap now, so we're going to go get our suits on and hit Sarah's pool!
7 comments:
Oh man, I must be funny if she says things are hilarious when she "talks" to me. She's the one who's hilarious.
I love the phone talk. It funny to see a relfection of yourself in their conversations. Hannah says, "How's it goin?" when she picks up the phone.
I can't wait to hear that cute little three-year-old voice again. And I'll tell you what...I don't think Josh will mind at all if Cadence wants to pick him up by the throat. He's a pretty tough boy, and he's fascinated by older kids. They can pretty much rough him up however they want and he'll love it. It will be so fun to have playmates right down the hall soon!
I VARELY love when you post things like this on your blog. Michael and I laugh and laugh and then use all the Cadence-isms in a sentence throughout the next week.
Love it!
So much to love in one little post, or should I say one little girl. The picture she drew is great.
Her switch in attitude toward her sister gives me hope for improved relations between my kids.
Thank goodness for Dora. I furger it saves me about $120/month because I don't need to put my kids in preschool. At least they're learning something - even if it's from the tv, is what I always say.
As for Yo Gabba Gabba - it is one of the few shows BANNED from my television. I cannot stand it. It really creeps me out. My kids always want to watch it, but I won't have it. I'm mean.
Hey you! Great drawing. I think they usually start with circles and little sticks poking out of them. Hers definitely look like people. Talented.
Post a Comment