Friday, June 19, 2009

I tried so hard to not laugh....

"Mama," Cadence says to me as we sit at the table to eat lunch, "Do you know what happens when I squish my tummy?"

"No, I don't."

"It turns into a bottom."
*This is not the aforementioned trick. She loves having a little pool in the backyard, and loves even more that clothing is optional.

Then she showed me. Innocently, scientifically. And I lost it. Wholeheartedly, unabashedly laughed my head off. I couldn't be stopped. With my reaction what it was, I'm sure she'll be telling that joke to everyone that she sees. Oh well. I tried.


Above: Our little Eve, caring for the yard. In the buff. So innocent. She begged and begged me to take mine off, too.
Below: Just a cute shot of our girls that I wanted to post.

8 comments:

eryn said...

Yay! I'm glad you made it. I've been thinking about you. We leave tonight . . . have been in a hotel all week. I love that cute bare bum.

Edda Phillips said...

hahaha I would have laughed, too. :) How adorable!

Anonymous said...

Way to egg her on Mard... Now my kid's going to be the perv showing off her tummy-butt trick at the playground! Come to think of it that sounds like a pretty cool trick. Can't wait to see it.

I miss you guys! See you tomorrow babe!

Spencer

Lisa said...

Optional clothing. I like that.

That girl likes to show her bum huh? And why shouldn't she.

Amie Orton said...

hahaha! oh man, AND the homeless thing was hilarious! seriously.. You did not look homeless. i thought you looked pretty. Maybe it was just the back pack. haha sooo do you want me to email you the pics of st. louis? what's your email? or I can post em and you can copy em. Whatev. I'm not exactly sure when i'm going to get around to posting. ..not today or tomorrow or the next day fo sho.

Andrea said...

Hmmm...I don't really have to squish my tummy - just slouch over really - and I have a similar thing happenin'. Cadence is a girl after my own heart.

pinkrattie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pinkrattie said...

Mardee! That is hilarious! I busted out laughing as well. Still chuckling now! You are an awesome blogger...a journalist at heart!