"There's a tire swing, baby, at the end of our rope"
Monday, March 9, 2009
Mom, I want some more Yucky Germs.
I tried to correct her. "LLLLucky CHAAARMS", I said. But twenty minutes later she had eaten all the marshmallows, none of the regular cereal, and was asking for more, "Yucky Germs".
Considering all the condemning talk we've had about germs and yuckiness lately (as we recover from a stomach virus that has been the latest epidemic in our neighborhood), I would think that a name like that would give her pause. Nope.
Mmmm...Mmmm...Mmmm. Nothing like yucky germs, first thing in the morning.
My husband's family never ceases to be amused by my oldest daughter's pronunciation of ice cream (a** cream). She is 8 now, and able to pronounce it correctly, but the legend will forever live-on in the hearts of Ty's brothers. Lovely.
Mardee, Cadence is getting so big! I love the cute things kids say. McKenna fell on her rear the other day while we were in a meeting at church and asked Ambyr loud and clear,"Ambyr, can you kiss my bum?" Have you been able to check out my blog at mkhawks.blogspot.com? It isn't as cool as yours. I am glad to hear you are doing well.
Mardee Rae!! I am thrilled that I found you and can nose in on your cute little family's life! I LOVE the name Cadence. Our second daughter was nearly named Avery Cadence, but it didn't 'fit'. Your Cadence is darling - there's nothing quite so hilarious as your own two-year-old! How is Chicago? What is Joy School? What have you been up to for...7 years? Reading your blog makes me a crazy kind of homesick. In a good way. :-) Come check out our blog - I would love to hear from you!
Mardee, don't correct her. That is so cute; you're gonna miss it one day. You should video tape it. Kai is more and more fluent. But he still say "Anphony" instead of Anthony and "Teeph" instead of Teeth. I really enjoy it. Sometimes I ask him to repeat himself even though he got annoyed that he thought I wasn't listening.
Hahahahahaha.... In case you've forgotten in all the time we've been away from you, I LOVE that girl!
So Chicago is really your favorite city of all cities? I'm excited to hear about it. I really need to call you. It seems like every time I think about it, it's too late in the evening to call. I'll write myself a big note tonight so I can't forget tomorrow. So much to catch up on!
6 comments:
Mmmm...Mmmm...Mmmm. Nothing like yucky germs, first thing in the morning.
My husband's family never ceases to be amused by my oldest daughter's pronunciation of ice cream (a** cream). She is 8 now, and able to pronounce it correctly, but the legend will forever live-on in the hearts of Ty's brothers. Lovely.
Sounds delicious. I'd want some more yucky germs too if they were all sugary and colorful. Cute picture of your family!
Mardee,
Cadence is getting so big! I love the cute things kids say. McKenna fell on her rear the other day while we were in a meeting at church and asked Ambyr loud and clear,"Ambyr, can you kiss my bum?" Have you been able to check out my blog at mkhawks.blogspot.com? It isn't as cool as yours. I am glad to hear you are doing well.
Love,
Kathryn
Mardee Rae!!
I am thrilled that I found you and can nose in on your cute little family's life!
I LOVE the name Cadence. Our second daughter was nearly named Avery Cadence, but it didn't 'fit'. Your Cadence is darling - there's nothing quite so hilarious as your own two-year-old!
How is Chicago? What is Joy School? What have you been up to for...7 years? Reading your blog makes me a crazy kind of homesick. In a good way. :-) Come check out our blog -
I would love to hear from you!
Love, Val
Mardee, don't correct her. That is so cute; you're gonna miss it one day. You should video tape it. Kai is more and more fluent. But he still say "Anphony" instead of Anthony and "Teeph" instead of Teeth. I really enjoy it. Sometimes I ask him to repeat himself even though he got annoyed that he thought I wasn't listening.
Hahahahahaha.... In case you've forgotten in all the time we've been away from you, I LOVE that girl!
So Chicago is really your favorite city of all cities? I'm excited to hear about it. I really need to call you. It seems like every time I think about it, it's too late in the evening to call. I'll write myself a big note tonight so I can't forget tomorrow. So much to catch up on!
Post a Comment