Monday, March 24, 2008

BIG NEWS, BIG NEWS!



Okay, first:


Spencer and I were so surprised. We both really thought it was going to be a boy. I asked the lady several times how certain she was. She showed us three different shots of feminitity. Spencer had told me before that he was planning two dates that night, one for each gender. We got in the car and I asked him what we were doing for our date, and he had no idea! He had only planned man-night, assuming that was all he needed to do! It took us about 20 minutes to dare to start telling people. We were just not convinced.... but we are sooo excited. We make 'em cute, so they may as well keep coming!


Cadence loves to dress herself, and her outfits always include special shoes. She is very particular about her fashion. Yay for more girls!




Next:



We found a place in Walnut Creek that is perfect for us. We found it one day, signed the papers, adn moved our stuff in that night. It was crazy, like our life has been. But things are settling down and now at least I know that we'll be here for a while and the baby will be born in Walnut Creek.



AND LAST BUT CERTAINLY NOT LEAST:



YAY SPENCER! We heard from University of Chicago TODAY that Spencer has been accepted to their MBA program and that he has received Merit Scholarships for both years. I am sooo proud of him. He has worked really hard to make it a possibility to go to grad school this early in his career and it hasn't been easy. He has really had to make every moment of his last five years count for something so that he could get in to a top school with only two real years of work experience. Having entered his life at about that time, it's really fun for me to see it pay off. Chicago is a great school and they have a very strong reputation in the business world. He is really excited because the school culture and curriculum sounds like it will be the best fit for him. He is also excited because they allow their business students to take classes from anywhere on the whole campus for some of their credits, which means he could take a sociology class, etc. We are both excited because his brother Clifford is attending the school already and we can't wait to live near him and Gina and Reese. Yay!



Spencer and I back in 2003, back when the dream began... We are trying to look so hard core... I feel like the last few months I really learned what hard-core means. Go ahead, life, hit me with your best shot!


This is a huge weight off our shoulders. For the last six months we have been wondering where and what we would be doing with our lives for the next couple of years and now we know. Good job Spencer. I'm the proudest wife there ever was. You are incredible.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I wanted to add that I am THRILLED to be having another daughter, lest anyone confuse our surprise for disappointment. I can't wait for Cadence to have a sister and I think that will work out the best for her (also...it turns out... I have a soft spot for daughters). We were just surprised because a past experience had me almost convinced it was going to be a boy. Strange world we live in.

-Spencer

Nortorious said...

Hooray for Spencer! U. of Chicago is a great school, well done, working man!
I am SO excited that you get another girl! I'm hope hope hoping for the same. Maybe they'll be born on the same day! Congratulations on all fronts!

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Wow! So much greatness! Seriously, congratulations on all the awesome things happening in your lives. I'm excited for you two to finally live together, in one place, for a couple of years! We will definitely come visit in Chicago! And, about having a girl, now you will have a girl younger than Nelson for him to marry. You two do make extra cute girls!

chickadee3357 said...

Awesome!!! Girls are so great! I love the pic of Cadence in her high heel shoes. My family has a little saying and its better if you can hear me say it because you kind of sing it but it goes "Here comes momma with her high heel shoes on." And we would say it even when we were wearing her shoes. So, congratulations on a girl and congratulations on Chicago! But don't leave okay. Just take classes online or some other way, where you can still stay here. Sounds like a good plan.

Cabra Forte said...

No way!!!

That is so awesome! (Even though I have strong feelings about the potential weather in Chicago) That being said, I'm really really exceedingly happy for you guys.

Now about studying for the GMAT...

A Woman Who LIVED said...

Congratulations! I am so jealous. I fear I will never have a girl - maybe my eighth child if I made it there ( most likely not ). It seems like not long ago that we were in the 5th ward and you were sick of pregnancy and now you are on to number 2. So awesome and sweetness about grad school.
-Katie Vrajich

Elisabeth said...

Hooray, Hooray, Hooray! I'll let Tyler know he needs to get to work so WE can get in to University of Chicago :) I love you both so much, and couldn't ask for better best friend/cousin/roommate-in-laws. Did you ever get your invitation?! Please bless it has arrived.. . I might add that Elisabeth is a beautiful name, and since you make beautiful little girls.. You might consider it.

Fenima said...

Mardee, your hard core pic is stunning. Congrats for Spencer and the baby girl.

tt moreno said...

Congrats! This is a great time for you guys.