Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Okay, Okay, I'll Blog... (you win, Nor).

Words from me are in big demand right now, and all my devoted fans are begging... okay, not really but some of my friends have mentioned that since I have a weird nomadic-type lifestyle, I should really blog, so that sometime, someone might know where my fam and I are. However, some other people have made it clear to me that they think blogging is a waste of time and other things I think may be true, which is why I have made myself some blogging rules:

1. No post will exceed three paragraphs in length.
2. No week will exceed three posts.
3. My blog is not posted as accessible on blogspot's page or through search engines (that's for you, mom).
4. I will include pictures of Cadence always. (except today because I don't have pics on my new computer yet).

This is why I decided to blog:

1. Heidi said that Boyd K. Packer said it was cool (or something to that effect).
2. I don't write in my journal enough.
3. As a mom, I lie down at night and drift to sleep with songs by the Doodlebops and Mickey Mouse in my head. I think forcing myself to write will help my intellect.
4. Cadence is really too cute to not share. Mom, I think you might secretly like this.

Okay, I don't know how to include lists in my paragraph count, but I think I've exceeded already. Blog over.

15 comments:

chickadee3357 said...

Love the first blog! I left you a message. Did you get it? Been thinking about you. Call me when you get a chance.

Mimi said...

I don't know if blogging is such a good idea...It just makes us miss you guys more, and once you start putting up pictures of that little bald angel, I might start having withdrawals!

Heather O. said...

YEAH! I can't wait to see pictures. Lukey misses his little girlfriend.

p.s. Congratulations on the baby due in August. How exciting!

Elisabeth said...

It's about TIME!

pantypants said...

i'm glad blogging no longer freaks you out, even though the words sounds like "warm blubber dripping on a log."

Mardee Rae said...

Wow, Laura, I can't believe you remember that. I'm glad. Admittedly that's still part of my apprehension. Thanks for all the support everybody! Maybe I do like this.

Unknown said...

[testing the account name] Sorry people... Mardee dragged me into this blogging thing, and I'm still not sure how it works.

By way of personal update, I just finished applying to MBA programs last week... and since Mardee was two states away, and I had a lot of holiday celebrating to make up for (since I locked myself in the basement during the entire break to work on nauciously self-agrandizing essays) so I went out for a night on the town. Any rumors you may have heard of happenings that night aren't true, and I will deny everything unless you provide photographic evidence... (and even then will probably deny that).

Nortorious said...

Welcome to the ranks. Just try not to check every five minutes. It's addictive.
Go to www.statcounter.com
and take off the word verification. You can still moderate your comments if they get too strange.
Did Heather just baby out you? Have you made an announcment?

Mardee Rae said...

I mentioned in my description of the family about the upcoming baby, so it's out. I figure I'd better tell people before I come back into town so that they know why I'm so ugly.

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited Mardee. And little did I know that Elisabeth had one too. What a happy night. Did you know your baby is due on my birthday?! Its a good day. I'd like a real update since I don't even know that you've been moving around a lot. Love you girl!

KTK said...

CONGRAT'S Mardy, What an exciting news. I can't wait to see ya guys. Please put that little angel's pic soon, and I think u did great for ur first blog though I wanted to read more. I'll be checking, so please sometimes allow urself one more paragraph.

KTK said...

oh one more thing, do I dare to prove u wrong? Maybe not.....

Tiffany said...

Hey Mardee! Welcome to the world of blogging. I love it when my friends start blogs cuz it gives me something to look at when work gets slow. I had no idea you were expecting again - that is WONDERFUL!!! I'm very excited for you. I've heard second pregnancies are easier so I'm really hoping yours is, and if it's not don't tell me. I'd like to keep living in my fantasy world. I also didn't know you've been moving around; did you get my Christmas card? Well, keep up the blogging if for no other reason than giving your friend Tiffany in VA something entertaining to do at work :)

megan&steve said...

Mardee, you will enjoy blogging and other people from the BYU 5th ward would love to stay in touch. We also have a blog, but its mainly about our little guy Jake- nothing wrong with that! Great to hear from you!

Burrows: places of retreat; shelter or refuge. said...

Mard & Spencer,
I know what you mean. I am not 100% sold on this blogging thing, but I also decided recently to give it try. I am excited to see pictures of Cadence and here where in the world you are occasionally.
Love you guys! -G